All agents are required to display their fees and we’re totally transparent. If you find another agent that’s not complying, not only are they breaking the law but they may also have something to hide.
Holding Deposit - £100 (reduced to £80 if the monthly rent is £435 or less)
- The Holding Deposit can become part of the main tenancy deposit on the commencement of the tenancy.
At The Start of Your Tenancy:
- The Rent - as agreed
- Tenancy Deposit - equal to no more than 5 weeks rent.
During / At The End Of Your Tenancy:
- Replacement of a lost key/security device - equal to the cost of the replacement device (an invoice will be provided). You should expect to pay approximately between £3-£10 for a standard replacement key
- Tenancy change fee - £50 - charged where you request to make changes to the tenancy agreement (e.g. a change of tenant or permission to keep pets at the property)
- Early termination fee - £195 - charged where you request to terminate the tenancy early & the landlord agrees to a new tenant being found. The fee is equal to the landlord’s financial loss of re-advertising & starting a new tenancy. You will also be expected to continue to pay the rent until a new tenancy commences. You will pay no more than you would be expected to pay in the terms of the original tenancy agreement
- Council tax, utility & communications services - you will be responsible for paying bills in accordance with the tenancy agreement.
Non-Housing Act Tenancies:
- Tenancy documentation fee - £195 - payable where the tenancy is not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (most likely to be a company let). This fee covers tenancy documentation preparation & inventory preparation where applicable.
All fees are inclusive of VAT.
Client Money Protection provided by: safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme (click here to view certificate).
Independent Redress provided by: The Property Ombudsman.