Welcome to Bodmin
14,736 as of the 2011 census
Cornish language name:
Bodmin College (secondary & post-16), Callywith College (post-16) and St. Petrocs, Beacon Academy, Berrycoombe School and St. Mary’s School (all primary)
Bodmin Parkway (about 3.5 miles from the town centre)
- The former county town of Cornwall.
- St. Petroc's Church is one of the oldest in Cornwall and was built between 1469-72. It’s also the largest church in the county apart from Truro Cathedral.
- The town was a stage finish in the 2021 cycling Tour of Britain which saw thousands of residents line the streets.
- Bodmin Jail was operational for over 150 years but is now a world class visitor attraction and hotel.
What’s on the high street:
A variety of independent shops, some nationwide brands and plenty of cafes and places to eat. Check out Honey Street for a selection of independent shops and cafes.
Our favourite places to eat:
Flory on Mount Folly Square or The Chapel Restaurant & Bar at The Bodmin Jail Hotel.
Top places to visit:
- Bodmin Jail
- Bodmin Keep: Cornwall's Army Museum
- Bodmin & Wenford Railway
- Beacon Nature Reserve
- The Camel Trail (cycle to Wadebridge and Padstow).
A spacious one bedroom maisonette with a garden & parking space. This well...
A three bedroom detached bungalow with a garage. Situated in a convenient...